Every princess needs a pearl on her pillow Thats

admin itnegjqegczj , , , , , , , , ,

first_imgEvery princess needs a pearl on her pillow. That’s why New York’s Jumeirah Essex House decided to up the ante on those traditional chocolates – from now until July 1, 2009, the luxury hotel will be surprising its guests staying in suites with a $250 gift certificate to pearl jeweler Mikimoto on their pillows. With Mikimoto located just around the corner on Fifth Avenue, the gift certificate can be redeemed locally or at one of Mikimoto’s boutiques in Beverly Hills, South Coast Plaza, or Las Vegas.“We are delighted that the Jumierah Essex House is able to offer a one-of-a-kind experience for our guests with Mikimoto,” the hotel’s general manager, Scott Dawson, said in a press release. “Mikimoto’s commitment to providing only the finest quality cultured pearls streamlines flawlessly with the hotel’s commitment to providing the premium in service and accommodations.”Mikimoto America’s COO, Meyer Hoffman, also expressed his excitement about the collaboration, saying that he hopes the certificates will help new customers find “the perfect piece of pearl jewelry.”For more than 115 years, Mikimoto has been known as one of the world’s finest pearl jewelers – in fact, the company’s founder, Kokichi Mikimoto, was the first person to develop a technique that produced perfectly round cultured pearls. Likewise, the NYC institution Jumeirah Essex House has provided Michelin and AAA Four Diamond- award wining service for more than 75 years. With a recent $90 million renovation and addition of Tony Chi-designed restaurant, South Gate, the hotel has become a jet-set staple.Visit jumeirah.com.last_img

You May Also Like..

Showdown unfolds at Eccles Health Centre

first_img– as REO refuses to pay contractor for botched work– visit reveals property now dumping groundTrouble is brewing between the Region Four Regional Democratic Council and a contractor, Vision’s General Construction Services, over the already delayed Eccles Health Centre, with Regional Democratic Council (RDC) officials demanding the contractor do the work according to stipulations and the contractor demanding payment for work already done. Region Four Executive Officer (REO) Pauline Lucas has indicated at the statutory monthly meeting of the Region Four RDC that she would continue to stand her ground when confronting issues with contractors of the region.Speaking on the $27 million Eccles Health Centre project, Lucas said the contractor, Vision’s General Construction Services, had previously been informed that the wrong roofing material had been used on the centre and that this would have to be corrected before he can be paid.In spite of all this, Lucas reported, the contractor still requested a payment, as he claimed he had “done some additional work.” But with a change in the engineering department of the RDC, a new engineer is expected to verify the status of several issues with the contract, including this supposedly additional work.As such, the REO noted, no payment would be made unless the work is verified by an engineer.“It was brought to my attention that some of the previous evaluations done by the previous engineer were wrong, and this was only brought to my attention after (the new engineer) took over the project,” REO Lucas declared.Lucas also noted that when the engineer who was previously responsible for the project departed, he did not hand over all the documents. These documents include the complete Bill of Quantities for the projects.She stressed that this has resulted in current Engineer Eon Austin encountering a number of challenges and difficulties. The REO revealed that the Region has placed some systems in place in an effort to rectify this situation.“I don’t want, at any stage, that we would have overpaid any contractor, as I have a responsibility and I will ensure that I maintain my position. I have made my position clear to the contractor — that he cannot receive any additional payment until he fixes the roof and the engineer would have reviewed and certified the work done,” REO said.The matter has been compounded, according to Lucas, by the fact that the Health Centre was supposed to be completed by the end of June. But despite being granted extensions, Lucas related, the contractor has still failed to complete the project.This publication paid a visit to the construction location over the weekend, where it was evident that others had found unsavoury uses for the long overdue site. Animals could be seen roaming in the yard, and the location was being used for illegal garbage dumping.The contract for the health centre was signed in 2015, but the project, expected to serve some 15,000 residents in the area, has experienced numerous delays. Overpayments to contractors have plagued successive regional administrations. In the 2016 Auditor General’s Report, it was found that overpayments on 98 contracts administered by various Ministries, departments and Regions in 2016 amounted to $82.6 million.last_img

Sports briefs

first_imgPORTLAND, Ore. – Derek Raivio scored 28 points and Gonzaga earned a spot in the NCAA tournament with a 77-68 victory over Santa Clara in the West Coast Conference championship game Monday night. Top-seeded Gonzaga (23-10) has been to the NCAA tournament the past eight years. It ended early for four-time champion Doug Swingley, the Lincoln, Mont., musher who withdrew after being injured in a spill on a slick and icy hill a few miles before the Rainy Pass checkpoint, just two days into the race from Anchorage to Nome. Race officials said Swingley, 53, may have broken ribs and possibly dislocated a thumb. Drifting opener postponed The 2007 D1 Grand Prix drifting opener, which had been scheduled for this Saturday at Irwindale Speedway, has been postponed because the Japanese organization had trouble transporting the competitors’ cars to Southern California, track spokesman Kevin O’Brien said. The series held its two previous openers at Irwindale. The track and event organizers are working on finding a new date. Penguins may leave town PITTSBURGH – The Penguins moved a step closer to leaving Pittsburgh by declaring an impasse in their new arena negotiations with state and local leaders and saying they actively will pursue relocation. The breakdown in arena talks came only three days after Gov. Ed Rendell said he felt an agreement was close. It also increases the possibility the Penguins will be playing in Kansas City next season. Restraining order revoked OAKLAND – A restraining order against former University of California football star Marshawn Lynch was revoked after the running back proved he never was notified of the court hearing. Alameda County Superior Court Judge Leo Dorado on Friday rescinded the order he originally granted in January to a woman who accused Lynch of choking, slapping and sexually assaulting her. Globe writer suspended BOSTON – The Boston Globe suspended veteran sports writer Ron Borges amid accusations he plagiarized part of a football column from another reporter. The Globe’s editor, Martin Baron, said in a story posted on the newspaper’s Web site that Borges had included in his football notes column last Sunday material written by Mike Sando, a reporter for The News Tribune of Tacoma, Wash. Shaq slated for reality show LOS ANGELES – Shaquille O’Neal will be taking a shot at a TV reality show focused on childhood obesity and health. The ABC summer series will feature the Miami Heat star and his effort to help Florida schoolchildren lose weight, officials said. Illinois players get booted URBANA, Ill. – Illinois football players Jody Ellis and Derrick McPhearson – accused of stealing wallets, cell phones and laptop computers – were kicked off the team just hours after pleading not guilty to felony burglary and theft charges. The wide receivers were arrested Friday night after police found suspected stolen wallets, cell phones, electronic devices and at least six laptop computers inside Ellis’ car. Duke lacrosse team No. 1 DURHAM, N.C. – Nearly a year after its season was canceled amid rape allegations against three players, Duke’s lacrosse team topped the national rankings for the first time in school history Monday. The Blue Devils (3-0) received six of 10 first-place votes in the USILA coaches poll to move past Georgetown for the top spot, and also reached No. 1 in the Nike/Inside Lacrosse media poll with 13 of 16 first-place votes. Nino-Romero suspended LAS VEGAS – The first boxer in Nevada history to test positive for methamphetamine after a fight was suspended for nine months and fined $18,750 by regulators. The ruling means Omar Nino-Romero won’t be able to fight in the United States during the term of the suspension. Notables NFL: Quarterback Kerry Collins re-signed with Tennessee as the backup to Vince Young … Brad Johnson signed a contract with Dallas, which wanted a veteran quarterback to team up with Tony Romo … Denver and running back Travis Henry have reached an agreement on a five-year deal with $12 million in guaranteed bonuses … Wide receiver Ashley Lelie signed a two-year contract with San Francisco. From staff, wire reports 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! CHICAGO – The Chicago Bears reached a preliminary agreement to trade running back Thomas Jones to the New York Jets for a second-round draft pick. Jones rushed for 1,210 yards and six touchdowns in helping the Bears reach the Super Bowl. The 28-year-old Jones must pass a physical and agree to a contract extension before the deal is complete. Swingley out of Iditarod NIKOLAI, Alaska – The 1,100-mile Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race is living up to its reputation as a tough, bruising race. center_img The Bulldogs, who finished the regular season one game ahead of Santa Clara, have won eight of the last nine WCC tournaments. Bears set to trade Jones last_img

Reports – Newcastle, Tottenham and West Ham eye former Chelsea striker

first_img1 Newcastle and West Ham are both considering a move to resign Demba Ba – and Spurs are also in the hunt, according to reports in Turkey.The Besiktas striker enjoyed memorable spells with both Premier League sides before he joined Chelsea in 2013.Ba hit seven goals in just 12 Premier League outings during a five-month spell for the Hammers.He then joined Newcastle where he maintained that form, scoring 29 Premier League goals in 54 appearances.And now, according to NTV Spor in Turkey, both Premier League clubs are considering January moves for the 29-year-old hotshot.But they will both face competition from Tottenham, who are also tracking Ba, who has scored 10 goals in 14 games for his new club since arriving during the summer.Besiktas paid Chelsea £4.7m to sign the forward back in July and, according to these reports, they would want double that if they were consider selling him in January. Besiktas’ Demba Ba last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *