Grace expects Greinke trade to have emotional impa

admin fcudlvdvuakr , , , , , , , , ,

first_img Grace expects Greinke trade to have emotional impact TEMPE, Ariz. – Signed to a three-year contract, defensive tackle Corey Peters was among the more high-profile free-agent additions by the Arizona Cardinals last season.Three weeks into training camp, however, he hurt his left Achilles tendon and was lost for the season.The injury forced Peters to become a spectator and watch as his new team enjoyed its best regular season in franchise history, culminating with an appearance in the NFC Championship Game. With his first season in the desert spent on the sidelines, Peters wants to make up for that time lost.“Last year, I had a good understanding of what we were trying to do,” he said, referring to the defensive scheme. “I actually think that it fits me perfectly as far as my body type and what I do well, so I’m looking forward to kind of getting back in there this year and hopefully picking up where I left off.” – / 16 Top Stories Arizona Cardinals’ Corey Peters (98) works out during an NFL football training camp, Wednesday, Aug. 5, 2015, in Glendale, Ariz. (AP Photo/Matt York) Derrick Hall satisfied with D-backs’ buying and selling The 5: Takeaways from the Coyotes’ introduction of Alex Meruelo Former Cardinals kicker Phil Dawson retires “It always sucks (to be on the sidelines),” he said Tuesday, the start of the Cardinals third and final week of organized team activities. “I tried to keep a positive mindset and to look forward as opposed to backwards. Last season was completely disappointing, but my focus since I got injured has been on putting my best foot forward in training camp, so I can’t wait for that to come.”Peters called himself “somewhat full speed” right now, concentrating both on the field and in the weight room at building up strength, especially in his legs.“I’d like to get another level of explosion,” he said. “That takes a while to come back, but as far as being able to do the necessary movements and everything that I’ll need to do, I feel comfortable doing that stuff.”Head coach Bruce Arians noted they’ll “be real careful with (Peters) because of his history, but he should be more than ready to go” once training camp begins in two months.Twice now in three seasons Peters has suffered an Achilles injury. Back in 2013, he tore the tendon in his right leg late in the year.Peters, 27, joined the Cardinals after spending his first five NFL seasons with the Atlanta Falcons, where he collected 172 tackles and 11 sacks in 70 games, including 55 starts. Comments   Share   “People don’t realize how much we could’ve used him last year. He makes our defensive line so much better; just his knowledge, his experience and his athleticism,” defensive tackle Calais Campbell said. “You forget how special he was until you see him out here again.”Peters’ healthy return is expected to only add to an already deep defensive line room.Starters Campbell, Rodney Gunter and Frostee Rucker are all back as are key reserves Josh Mauro, Ed Stinson and Xavier Williams plus rookie Robert Nkemdiche.“We feel really good about our defensive line,” Peters said. “It’s going to be a huge point (of emphasis) to get a lot of pressure on the quarterback, especially with the way we like to play; a lot of man defense and that sort of thing. We got great pieces; great guys, great men, more importantly than football. I look forward to big things coming out of our group.”Of the Cardinals 36 sacks last season, which ranked 20th, tied with Jacksonville, 11 came from the defensive line. The Cardinals hope to see that number increase in 2016, and it should with Peters now part of the rotation.It’s been nine months since Peters got hurt.The support of the organization, he said, made it easier for him to keep his head up and remain positive throughout the rehab process.last_img

You May Also Like..

Government of Canada supports Newfoundland and Labrador’s offshore energy sector workers

first_img Canadian government to support offshore energy sector workers. (Credit: Pixabay/Keri Jackson.) Canada’s energy sector supports hundreds of thousands of middle class families and their communities. COVID-19 and global price instability have caused unprecedented challenges for workers and companies in the offshore energy sector in Newfoundland and Labrador.In response to the significant economic and financial distress facing the province’s energy sector, the Honourable Seamus O’Regan, Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources, on behalf of the Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance, the Honourable Chrystia Freeland, has announced $320 million in funding, towards an agreement with the provincial government, to support Canadians with offshore energy jobs. This agreement will allow the province to support workers through activities such as safety improvements, maintenance and upgrades of existing facilities, and research and development.This aligns with the $1.72 billion investment that was announced in April 2020 to clean up orphan and/or inactive wells in British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan. An additional $750 million was provided to establish an Emissions Reduction Fund to reduce emissions in Canada’s oil and gas sector, with a focus on methane. Of this amount, $75 million was allocated to the offshore sector.Today’s announcement is in addition to the government’s intent to extend the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS), recently announced in the Speech from the Throne. Since being unveiled, the CEWS – together with other elements of the government’s Economic Response Plan — has helped Canadians in the natural resources sectors, and all sectors, be able to keep their jobs and keep putting food on the table during the economic downturn. The CEWS has been helping protect more than 3.5 million jobs at businesses of every size, in every corner of this country.The agreement between the Government of Canada and the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador will work to re-affirm Newfoundland and Labrador’s commitment to achieve net zero carbon emissions.Quotes“Our Government knows that resource- based provinces are facing a double hit from the pandemic and historically low commodity prices and that workers are facing real challenges.  Today’s financial support for Newfoundland and Labrador’s energy sector will help stimulate employment and support middle class families and their communities.”– The Honourable Chrystia Freeland, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance“We believe in our workers. We believe in this industry. And we believe in its future. This is about jobs. This is about ensuring a prosperous future for our offshore.”– The Honourable Seamus O’Regan, Canada’s Minister of Natural Resources Source: Company Press Release The agreement will allow the province to support workers through activities such as safety improvements, maintenance and upgrades of existing facilities, and research and developmentlast_img

Four SNMCMG1 NATO Ships Arrive in Karlskrona

first_imgBack to overview,Home naval-today Four SNMCMG1 NATO Ships Arrive in Karlskrona Four SNMCMG1 NATO Ships Arrive in Karlskrona View post tag: four June 6, 2014 View post tag: News by topic Four NATO ships assigned to Standing NATO Mine Counter-Measures Group ONE (SNMCMG1) arrived in Karlskrona on Thursday, 5 June 2014, for a scheduled port visit and pre-sail conference in advance of the annual BALTOPS exercise. View post tag: europe View post tag: NATO View post tag: Karlskrona View post tag: SNMCMG1 Authorities Share this article View post tag: ships View post tag: Naval View post tag: Arrive SNMCMG1 is visiting the port as part of the Group’s deployment to the Baltic to enhance maritime security and NATO’s readiness in the region.Led by Commander Gunther Brassel (DEU N) SNMCMG1 arrived in port with the FGS ELBE (flagship), leading the Dutch mine hunter HNLMS MAKKUM, the Belgian mine hunter BNS BELLIS, and the Polish mine hunter ORP FLAMING. Two additional members of the Group, the Norwegian mine hunter HNoMS OTRA and the Estonian mine hunter ENS ADMIRAL COWAN, will rejoin the Group in time for BALTOPS.During the port visit, Commander Brassel and the SNMCMG1 staff will meet with Swedish Navy officials and participate in the final preparations for BALTOPS.“This visit reinforces NATO’s strong maritime ties with Sweden,” said Commander Brassel. “In recent weeks we had the pleasure of joining together in a port visit to Riga, Latvia, and conducted a passing exercise with Swedish Navy vessels while en route to Tallinn, enhancing our interoperability between our naval forces.”In addition to the activities Commander Brassel mentioned, the Swedish Navy was recently a vital contributor and participant in NATO’s triennial submarine rescue Exercise DYNAMIC MONARCH, hosted by the Polish Navy in May. The Swedish submarine HSWMS HALLAND and the Swedish submarine rescue ship HSWMS BELOS played critical roles, with the latter deploying the exercise’s loan rescue submersible, the NATO Submarine Rescue System (NSRS).During the Baltic deployment, the ships of SNMCMG1 are participating in a robust program of operations at sea, numerous port visits, previously including Swinoujscie, Poland, Ventspils and Riga, Latvia, Tallin, Estonia, and the Historic Ordnance Disposal operation OPEN SPIRIT, which contributed to the destruction of 95 mines and 2 torpedoes.The 42nd annual BALTOPS is a multinational naval exercise led by U.S. Naval Forces Europe/U.S. SIXTH FLEET, based in Naples, Italy. Forces including SNMCMG1 will participate in numerous at-sea activities to test their warfighting abilities in multiple skill areas.A NATO Airborne Early Warning & Control Force (AWACS) E-3A aircraft will also be taking part operating in Swedish airspace, providing air and surface surveillance to participants. Another important role will be to control US, German and Swedish fighter aircraft during Air-to-Air and Air-to-Ground operations.[mappress]Press Release, June 06, 2014; Image: NATO View post tag: Navylast_img

USI Offering New Problem-Solving Class To Community

first_imgFacebookTwitterCopy LinkEmailShare University of Southern Indiana’s Lifelong Learning is now offering Simplex 1.0 and 2.0 Solving Complex Problems courses September 10 through 12 at Innovation Pointe. Both classes will be instructed by Dr. Timothy Dickel, president of Mater Dei High School.Simplex 1.0 will meet from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday, September 10 and 8 a.m. to Noon Tuesday, September 11. Simplex 2.0 meets from 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday, September 11 and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Wednesday, September 12.The Simplex method is a tool for teams of all sizes to use in solving problems and/or arriving at creative solutions to challenges. This method is not only used in the Evansville area but by numerous companies and organizations, including Fortune 500 companies, government entities, nonprofits and health care centers.“This approach is great for organizations that recognize the value of collaborative problem solving and want to develop these skills in their employees and throughout the organization,” said Dickel.Participants in Simplex 1.0 will gain proficiency in applying creative-thinking skills such as diverging, converging and deferral of judgment and understanding and executing the innovation process.Simplex users interested in becoming facilitators of the process are recommended to take Simplex 2.0. Participants will learn how to lead a group through the eight steps that ask “How might we”. Participants will also gain an understanding of effective team structures, models of team development and the support of ongoing teams.To register for Simplex 1.0 or 2.0 visit USI.edu/Simplex1 or USI.edu/Simplex2.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *